Mesoscale non hydrostatic Model - MESO-NH
14, avenue Edouard Belin - 31400 Toulouse
Tél. : 33 (0) 561 332 767 - Fax : 33 (0) 561 332 790
Manager : Jean-Pierre CHABOUREAU
What is Meso-NH?
Meso-NH is the non-hydrostatic mesoscale atmospheric model for the French scientific community, jointly developed by LA (Laboratoire d’Aérologie) and CNRM-GAME (a CNRS/Météo-France joint research unit).
- Uses a non-hydrostatic system of equations to handle the whole range of scales – from synoptic to large eddy – when calculating budgets;
- Offers a wide range of physical parameterizations, including advanced ones for the representation of clouds and precipitations;
- Is coupled with the SURFEX land surface model, in order to represent interactions between the atmosphere and different types of surface (vegetation, city, ocean, lake);
- Allows for a multiscale approach through a nested-grid technique;
- Is a versatile, vectorized, parallelized code, operating in 1D, 2D and 3D, designed to handle both real situations and academic cases;
- Is coupled with modules for chemistry (including gaseous, aerosol and aqueous phase) and for lightning;
- Uses observation operators directly comparing model output with satellite, radar, lidar and GPS observations.
Starting from version 5.1, Méso-NH is freely available via CeCILL-C licence contract.